Monday, September 28, 2009

DAY ONE: THANKFUL MOMENTS

This week, I will meditate and give thanks for all of the many blessings in my life. Oftentimes, I get so wrapped up in ‘what I wish to have’ and ‘how I would like things to be’ that I overlook the many wonderful things happening to me everyday. In my hurried pursuit of happiness and sometimes panicked quest to find the BIG purpose for life, I am oblivious to the SMALL things that truly make me happy. I forget to laugh when my dog declares war and ferociously attacks his sleeping bag. Yes, my dog has a sleeping bag, lol. I forget to smile when I see butterflies dancing about my window. What a shame! I have been forfeiting today’s blessings for an uncertain tomorrow. Well, not anymore. Each day this week, I will set aside a special time to reflect on something that I am thankful for and then share the experience on my blog. I encourage each of you to join me and share your “thankful moments” in the comments section.

YOU ARE BLESSED…SO BE THANKFUL!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts. You are so right!!! BTW, good luck on your blogging adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness..." (II Cor 12:9). I am thankful for Jesus and grace that He gives me everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Sincerely, Nika!