Wednesday, October 21, 2009

BEAUTY ON A BUDGET TIP #1


Hey beauties!  Today, I want to share with you a "recipe" for making brush cleanser.  Now, I looooove MAC Cosmetics, but some things I can no longer justify purchasing.  Shelling out $12 for brush cleanser is ridiculous, especially when I can make 12 bottles of the same product for $freeninetynine at home!  Yes, I took an empty MAC bottle and refilled it with homemade product.  (Broke diva trick #1: refill your old MAC bottle with homemade product...remember, the goal is to NOT look broke, LOL!) 
So, let's get started, here's what you'll need:

Alcohol (1/4 cup)
Distilled or filtered water (1 cup)
Moisturizing shampoo (1 Tbsp)
Leave-in conditioner (1 Tbsp)
Pink food coloring (1 drop optional)...however, you MUST add this if you want it to actually look like MAC's product.  You cannot fool people with clear cleanser...you'll look cheap and this defeats the purpose!!

Divas (and Divos), simply mix the ingredients in a bowl and pour into an empty MAC bottle!  Simple, right??  Try it out tonight and thank me tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this tip!!! I'm in desparate need of some brush cleaner right now...so I'm definitely going to give this a try! Thanks Nika! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nika Dahling,
    Thanks for the tip for the cleanser. Is there a Diva tip for getting "GOOD HAIR?"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Sincerely, Nika!